[1] Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子

Moderators: Adviser, Team Dhealing

master
Adviser

[1] Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子

Unread postby master » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Brinjal01.jpg
Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子 picture #1

Managed to plant brinjal in plastic bags - many people ask me for it - it is very nice and solid - after cooking.

[hr]

Eggplant or Brinjal, is a very low calorie vegetable and has healthy nutrition profile; good news for weight watchers! The veggie is popularly known as aubergine in the western world.

Health benefits of Eggplant (aubergine)

Eggplant is very low in calories and fats but rich in soluble fiber content. 100 g provides just 24 calories but contributes about 9% of RDA (recommended daily allowance) of fiber.

Research studies conducted at the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University; Brazil suggested that eggplant is effective to control high blood cholesterol.

The peel or skin (deep blue/purple varieties) of aubergine has significant amounts of phenolic flavonoid phyto-chemicals called anthocyanins. Scientific studies have shown that these anti-oxidants have potential health effects against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.

Total antioxidant strength measured in terms of oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) of aubergines is 993 µmol TE/100 g. At value 15; they are one of the low glycemic index (GI) vegetables.

It contains good amounts of many essential B-complex groups of vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (B3). These vitamins are essential in the sense that body requires them from external sources to replenish and required for fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism.

Further, this vegetable is an also good source of minerals like manganese, copper, iron and potassium. Manganese is used as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Potassium is an important intracellular electrolyte that helps counter pressing (hypertension) effects of sodium.

[hr]

Eggplants are available afresh all around the season. In the markets, varieties of eggplants varying in size, shape, and color are put for sale.

Buy healthy looking, firm, shiny, bright-colored fruits that feel heavy and solid. Take a close look at the stalk; if it is stout, firm, and green; that means the fruit is fresh.

Avoid those shriveled, soft in hand and with wrinkles, surface cuts or bruise. Always avoid over-mature, old-stock, and sunken eggplants as they taste bitter and, therefore, unappetizing.

At home, they can be kept in cool place for use in a day or two but ideally should be stored inside the refrigerator set at high relative humidity, where they keep fresh for few days.

[hr]

Data source.....

master atan.

[hr]

Brinjal02.jpg
Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子 picture #2

植物茄子在塑料袋 - 很多人喜欢它 - 煮熟后 - 这是非常好吃的,香和坚实的

茄子,是一个非常低热量的蔬菜,有健康的营养分布;对于慧俪轻体的好消息!该蔬菜是俗称茄子在西方世界。

茄子的健康益处

茄子是非常低热量和脂肪,但含有丰富的可溶性纤维含量。百克仅提供24卡路里的热量,但有利于纤维的约9%的RDA(推荐的每日津贴)。

在圣保罗州立大学生物学研究所进行的调查研究;巴西认为,茄子能有效地控制高血脂。

茄子的皮或皮肤(深蓝色/紫色品种)有显著大量的酚类黄酮类植物化学品称为花青素。科学的研究表明,这些抗氧化剂具有针对癌症,衰老,炎症和神经性疾病的潜在的健康影响。

在茄子的氧自由基吸收能力(ORAC)测定总抗氧化强度是993微摩尔TE / 100克在值15;它们是低血糖指数(GI)的蔬菜之一。

它包含好量的维生素许多必需复合B组如泛酸(维生素B5),吡哆醇(维生素B6)和硫胺素(维生素B1),烟酸(B3)。这些维生素是必不可少的,即身体需要他们从外部来源,以补充和所需的脂肪,蛋白质和碳水化合物的代谢。

此外,这种蔬菜是像锰,铜,铁和钾矿物质的也良好来源。锰被用作辅因子的抗氧化酶,超氧化物歧化酶。钾是一种重要的细胞内的电解质,可为钠的计数器按压(高血压)的影响。

[hr]

茄子可重新各地的季节。在市场上,提出出售的品种茄子在大小,形状和颜色不同的。

购买健康的期待,坚定,有光泽,鲜艳的水果感到沉重和固体。仔细看的柄;如果是粗壮,结实,绿色;这意味着水果是新鲜的。

避开那些干瘪,柔软的手,皱纹,表面割伤或瘀伤。始终避免过熟,老股票,而下沉式茄子,因为他们味苦,因此,倒胃口。

在家里,他们可以保持在一两天内使用阴凉的地方,但理想情况下应存放在冰箱设定在较高的相对湿度,在那里他们保持新鲜几天内。

信息来源

master atan

choesf

Re: [1] Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子

Unread postby choesf » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:09 am

Good morning, dear Master :D:

Wow, we now have a new section of vegetables and fruits for health at the forum! Congratulations on expanding the scope of "Dhealing Forum" - not only will we have Good Wealth, we will also have Good Health! Nowadays, people often say that "Health is Wealth!" :vh: :yp: :claphand:

With love and blessings :g ,

choesf :respect:
"If you need help - don't shut the door" - Master atan

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Dear Master, :D:

Thank you for the information on healthy foods and fruits. :Dziekuje:

We over here call it eggplant too! :D: We have fat ones and long skinny ones. I think they grow many different types here and many are grown locally. I love the color of them and I like to touch them but I never know how to cook them or what to do with them. Some recipes say you have to soak them first. Many people grill them on the BBQ or some recipes like eggplant parmigiana sound tasty. :vh:

How do you suggest we cook them? :unsure:

With love, light and peace. :g

SAG :D:

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:30 pm

:thinking Cooking need to ask Choesf.

Normally - i ask outside cook to skin it and fry with lean meat - add big onion is good.

Later i found out - for good health it is good to plain fry with bitter gourd - then add small fried fish on top the cooked brinja+bitter gourd.

Good Luck.

master atan.

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello Dear Master, :D:

I don't know if they cook this in Malaysia but I thought this might be a very good recipe for the eggplant. :yp: Everyone knows Martha Stewart. :omg:

I have read that cooked tomatoes are very good for you. Better than raw. I don't remember why but it has something to do with the fact that cooking releases the vitamins and helps lower cholesterol. :claphand:

http://www.marthastewart.com/313564/bak ... t-parmesan

I'm going to try this recipe later this week. :D:

Choesf, I think your family might like this very much. :vgood: You know how you said you would like to try some casserole dishes. I will send you my chicken enchilada's one. :yp:

With love and blessings, :Dziekuje:
SAG :smile:

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Dear Master, :smile:

I found it. :vh:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/ ... atoes.html

They found that lycopene, which is what gives tomatoes their red colour, intercepts cancer's ability to make the connections it needs to attach to a healthy blood supply. :claphand:

I love tomatoes and they seem to go well with eggplant. :yp:

Love and blessings, :g

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you for sharing the health benefits of eggplant and for your favourite eggplant recipe. It sounds very healthy and delicious. :claphand:

I seldom cook eggplant :oops: and I usually put it in vegetable or fish curries. When I was young, I often had steamed eggplant, which was steamed and then cut into pieces and mixed with a little soy sauce and fried shallot oil. :vh:

I shall try the plain eggplant and bittergourd recipe as I like bittergourd. :lol:

With best wishes,

choesf :D:

master wrote::thinking Cooking need to ask Choesf.

Normally - i ask outside cook to skin it and fry with lean meat - add big onion is good.

Later i found out - for good health it is good to plain fry with bitter gourd - then add small fried fish on top the cooked brinja+bitter gourd.

Good Luck.

master atan.

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:54 am

Hello there, dear SAG :D:

Thank you for the link to Martha Stewart's baked eggplant parmesan recipe and for your chicken enchilada recipe. They sound so delicious. I should try them out as my children love cheese and casseroles. :yp:

I also read that tomatoes give better nutrition if they are cooked, compared to eaten raw. :vh:

Thanks to Master's eggplant recommendation here, now we have recipes flying around! :omg:

Hope members here can also share their eggplant recipes...so that we can enjoy the healthy benefits of eggplant in as many way as possible. :vgood:

With best wishes for good health for everybody :g ,

SAG wrote:Hello Dear Master, :D:

I don't know if they cook this in Malaysia but I thought this might be a very good recipe for the eggplant. :yp: Everyone knows Martha Stewart. :omg:

I have read that cooked tomatoes are very good for you. Better than raw. I don't remember why but it has something to do with the fact that cooking releases the vitamins and helps lower cholesterol. :claphand:

http://www.marthastewart.com/313564/bak ... t-parmesan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going to try this recipe later this week. :D:

Choesf, I think your family might like this very much. :vgood: You know how you said you would like to try some casserole dishes. I will send you my chicken enchilada's one. :yp:

With love and blessings, :Dziekuje:

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:38 am

brinja+Bittergourd.jpg
Cooking Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子

Dinner brinja+bittergourd.jpg
Cooking Eggplant (Brinjal) 茄子

My Dinner two days ago. :smile:

Cost me RM6.00 (USD1.50). :yp:

master atan

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 am

Wow, sneak peak photos of Master's dinners! The eggplant meals look so yummy and best is, they are economical and healthy! :claphand: :yp: :vgood:

master wrote:
brinja+Bittergourd.jpg

Dinner brinja+bittergourd.jpg

My Dinner two days ago. :smile:

Cost me RM6.00 (USD1.50). :yp:

master atan

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Cooking items.....

brinjaprepare1.jpg
Brinja and biitergourd

master atan.

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you for showing the ingredients .... now I know what to put in your recipe already. It is easy to cook and good for our health. :claphand:

choesf :Dziekuje:

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 pm

choesf wrote:Good morning, dear Master :D:

Thank you for showing the ingredients .... now I know what to put in your recipe already. It is easy to cook and good for our health. :claphand:

You can also fry with lean meat and garlic - it is very nice.

Put onion but no ginger.

master atan.

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Okay, I will do as advised...can't wait to taste this dish :vh:

master wrote:
choesf wrote:Good morning, dear Master :D:

You can also fry with lean meat and garlic - it is very nice.

Put onion but no ginger.

master atan.

• Advertisement
Bedroom Mountain Picture for 2016

1. More Detail

Good Luck

Return to “Vegetables”